Friday, December 21, 2012

Country Whites Weekend #1


Welcome to Country Whites Weekend!
It’s plain and simple and oh, so sweet.
Embrace your country whites and share them here!  
Inspire us. Take us home. Fill us with country charm.


Do you reward yourself? I once read an article that stated that after you complete a task on your list...you should reward yourself with a treat. I had to laugh at that. You see, I was stuffing my face at the time with a freshly baked  brownie and I had a cup of  hot tea by my side.


My belief is that we need to reward ourselves everyday whether it is a good day, a bad day, a productive day, or a day in which you wonder where did the time go? It's okay.


Now when I'm talking about a reward, I'm thinking in terms of simplicity and appreciating life. We need to take that time. I've created a little ritual everyday in which I drink my tea in one of my pretty country white cups. And I do feel special drinking chocolate hazelnut tea from it. The cups were a recent purchase from a flea market. The man practically gave the set to me. I couldn't whisk them away fast enough. You see, I have a passion for country white dishes. Let's just say I have a passion for all country whites.  


 So go ahead. Make some time for yourself. You deserve it.

‘Country Whites Weekend’
The third weekend of every month…
Friday morning through Sunday evening.


Held jointly here at
Old Time Farmhouse 
&
Link here or there and you will show up on both blogs.

Features will be held the following Friday.
Be sure to check both blogs to see if your country whites have been featured.

Please Do:
Write your country whites post first and link back here to Country Whites Weekend with text or link back with the Country Whites Weekend photo within your post.
Here at the party, be sure to link up your post url, not your blog url.
We’d appreciate it if you became a follower of both our blogs.
Take the time to visit at least 3 other party participants.

Please Don’t:
Link to shops, giveaways, parties and blog hops.
Link up something that you have already shared here.

Let the party begin!


12 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Cindy, I have a love of country white dishes too going back to my grandmother. In fact, I think I am a dishaholic. LOL
Yes, it is one of lives little pleasures to reward ourselves now and then with a treat and cup of tea.
Love your cup and napkin ring whites on the blue rimmed plate. That in itself is a reward to treat with. I have a similar napkin ring set of a birds. They were a gift nearly 30 years ago. Love the rooster .

Wishing you a wonderful weekend and Very Merry Christmas. Thank you for hosting the fun.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

The Farmers Daughter said...

Good Morning, Cindy! Our adventure has begun! This will be fun--as long as you don't slap me on the hand for my red poinsettia! lol
Christmas Hugs,
Dru

Jann Olson said...

I love your collection of white dishes Cindy. I had to laugh when I read, "do you reward yourself" and then when on to "with a little treat"? I may not have it quite right, but you know what I mean. I must reward myself all the time. lol! This girl loves a little something sweet. So happy to be joining you two sweeties for your fun new party! Have a wonderful Christmas!
Hugs,
Jann

Ruby and Arthur said...

Love this party idea! I found more whites than i thought I would have! Jean

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Good morning Cindy... I did not have enough whites to link to your party... as my farmhouse is full of color... but I am enjoying seeing everyone elses!... Merry Christmas to you!... xoxo Julie Marie

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I love the idea of rewarding yourself! I try to do this when I have an especially unpleasant task to accomplish. Makes me power through it :)

I love country whites as well! Your tea cups are so pretty. Sounds like you got a great deal on them!

Pamela Gordon said...

I love this post and your pretty white dishes. I linked up with Dru for this party. Blessings, Pamela

Sherry said...

Merry Christmas Cindy! I love finding any white dishes at the thrift stores. I especially love to score teacups! I find my self drinking out of them often. Thank you for hosting. I am so going to enjoy visiting you for this party!
Sherry

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Cindy,
You know that I love your Country Whites!! Oh yes...we all need to reward ourself now and then with a little treat!
Christmas hugs,
Cindy

chateau chic said...

I totally agree with you about treating ourselves in some way. And if you're like me it doesn't have to be elaborate. I always say coffee or tea tastes better in a pretty cup!
Love this party, thanks for hosting!
Merry Christmas, Mary Alice

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Thanks for hosting! Merry Christmas! I am now following.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Well I was eating a chocolate donut as I read your blog post, so I guess I was rewarding myself! Goodness knows us woman work hard at Christmas time...we deserve a little reward! Thanks for hosting!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...