Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sourdough and Taxes Don't Mix


I've been working on my sourdough in the kitchen.
And I've been working on the business taxes at my desk.
Ya know what? They don't mix!
I compare a new sourdough experience to that of getting a new pet.


You have to feed it.
You have to water it.
You have to keep an eye on it.
You have to give it some love.
And maybe, if you're lucky, it will turn out to be a good experience.


Let's just say, it is keeping me occupied. Problem is...those darn taxes. 
They are also keeping me occupied. 
So while I'm tapping at the calculator and working with numbers at my desk, I'd rather be in the kitchen with an apron on playing with my sourdough.


So far, I have been able to make perfect pancakes. Good. 
I then squeezed in some time for biscuits that were like rocks. Not so good. 
I just need the time to bond with my sourdough and practice the possibilities.
The business paperwork is almost done so I'll be back at it in the kitchen soon.
More sourdough drama to be revealed, I'm sure!
For those who asked, I will soon share the steps I've taken.
I mean, who doesn't want to know how to make biscuits that are as hard as rocks!?!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Sounds like the sourdough starter takes a lot of work! I'm sure it's worth it in the end. Can't wait to hear all the steps in the process!

Best of luck finishing up the paperwork :)

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Ugghhh...I was having a perfectly pleasant day until you reminded me I haven't even started getting my stuff gathered for my business taxes! I'll forgive you if you send me a loaf of fresh sourdough bread though ;0)

Blessings,
~Angie

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Taxes ... YEP would rather make that sourdough ... Hope that your blessed. I loved this post so much . Thank you for sharing . YOUR always a blessing .........Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

Maureen said...

I haven't had sourdough starter in years! I don't want to do my taxes either so I guess I should get the starter going.

Patty Sumner said...

Looks like you are still working the sour dough mix...Can't wait to see what you do with it next...blessings!

Ruby and Arthur said...

Hi Cindy, you won my farmhouse towel giveaway! Email me your address and I'll get them right out to you. Congrats, Jean

The Farmers Daughter said...

Just what you need--another pet! lol I had a friend who did the sour dough thing for several years. She talked about it like it was her baby! Have you named yours?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...