"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, February 4, 2013

Farm Fresh Feature - February 2013


Let's all give 
Dawn from Creative Cain Cabin a farm fresh welcome! 
She has graciously agreed to share her cabin with us. 
It shouts 'sweet farmhouse style'.


Today I am honored to be here at Old Time Farmhouse showing you our Log Home.  
I was so excited when Cindy asked me to join in on her Farmhouse Feature.
In my neck of the woods we refer to our place as "The Cabin"



Sit back and enjoy a look around our home decorated with thrifted things, and items found while out junkin'. They all add up to our unique
Farmhouse flair. 

First stop The Kitchen 

  I live in a log home that my Hubby, Son and I built.  The home took 4 years to build and we paid cash for the entire process.  There were times that
we had no money to continue building and times that we had the money, but
no time to continue working on the place.

All cupboards were custom made and painted by me to save lots of money.


The counter tops are black concrete.  I am lucky to have a Hubby that is pretty darn handy.  He did the pour himself, and I love how they turned out.


All the appliances were purchased from the Sears outlet store and we saved over 60% by making the drive 2 hours away to get the huge savings.


The ceilings are over 25 foot tall in this house and I love the open feel.
If you would like to see more of my kitchen
click Here.

Next lets move on to the Master Bedroom

The Master Bedroom is decorated with vintage quilts,
buffalo checked curtains, and furniture that has been in
the family for years.

Some of my favorite color combinations are the Antibes Green and Yellow together, they make this room so bright and cheery.

The dandelion print pillow sham is a fun, fresh feel paired with my dressing table for a night stand.

The ruffled bed skirt is one of my favorite purchases.
That thrifted chair is where our cat takes her naps.

 The quilt is over 100 years old and has been in my family for years.  It was made by an old family friend, back in the day where every scrap of material was hoarded and turned into a beautiful quilt.

The white blanket with the blue stripes is a hospital blanket.
I love the quality of them and even use them as tablecloths and table runners at times.

  Nothing says farmhouse like a bright, sunny faced, sunflower.

Next stop the Front Porch

No cabin is complete without a wrap around porch and a comfy
swing to enjoy on a hot Summer's day.

This is such a refreshing place to relax and read a book or
sip on homemade lemonade.

And enjoy the view.

The swing is old and came from Walmart many years ago.

I have recovered it several times and last season made the ruffled drop cloth skirt to add to the bottom.

The pillow slipcovers I found at a garage sale and fell in love with all the vintage fabrics that made up the many quilt squares.

 The table is also very old. I found it at an auction over 15 years ago.  I like that it folds up and becomes flat making it easy to store and move.

 The ticking quilt was found on the clearance rack at Target two years ago.

The large wooden platter was a thrifted score and all that silver was purchased at a garage sale last year.  Many of the pieces were produced in the 1800's.

 I forgot to mention my favorite feature of the swing is the back folds down and the swing makes into a bed.
Our home has 3 porches and you can see the others
and
Here 
Next room on the tour is the
Dining Room 

A red and white vintage quilt is used as a table cloth on my 
library table turned dining table.



Hubby scored the table and chairs at an auction over 20 years
ago and it is still a favorite piece of mine.

Vintage, blue mason jars are used everywhere in our home.


They just say Farmhouse to me.


I also love anything gingham.

There is so much more to see, if you are interested.

You can find me at Creative Cain Cabin  and these places below.

Image Map


Thank you so much, Dawn , for sharing your adorable cabin with us today.
And thank you so much for stopping by at this month's Farm Fresh Feature!


The next Farm Fresh Feature will be March 4.
See ya then!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I enjoyed the tour. Neat ideas!

Dawn said...

Thanks for the feature:) I am moving to my FB page in hopes you get more traffic your way!!

Dee @ A Lapin Life said...

Thanks for the tour Cindy. Dawn has a beautiful cabin home.

Ruby and Arthur said...

Lovely Cabin tour..Dawn has such great decorating ideas! Jean

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So fun touring Dawn's home again. I just love all the color and charming details.

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Hi Cindy, wow, Dawn's farmhouse is just fabulous, I want to move right in!... love all the old soft quilts everywhere... so cosy and welcoming... xoxo Julie Marie

Ayu Maselli said...

Wow, so beautiful log cottage,enjoyed so much.Very beautiful kitchen.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Wow! I am in love with your cabin. I am so impressed that you built it and paid cash! That's some amazing dedication there. I have to say the kitchen is my favorite. I love the mix of the wood and white cabinets. Such an amazing job!

Amy Kinser said...

I have just fallen in love with her home. Every photo drew me in. Her details and personal touches are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

I am a new follower of yours. Blessings to you.

The Farmers Daughter said...

Oh! What a tour! I always love Dawn's log home and her decorating style. One Great Feature!
Hugs to you Both!
Dru

Jo May said...

Hey I'm new follower.I've been blogging with Dawn @ Creative Cain Cabin for while now,an I love her blog,her,and her wonderful cabin home..thanks for sharing,I enjoyed the tour.
~Jo @ LoblollyLane

Pamela Gordon said...

Thanks for sharing the tour of this sweet cabin. I love the fresh style of the decor.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Lovely tour! I love Dawn's blog...she totally has Farmhouse style all figured out. Thanks for the feature!

cynthia lee designs said...

I follow Dawn's blog and I just love her cabin...and her farmhouse style!!
hugs,
Cindy

Maureen said...

I loved that home the first time I saw it and it's so wonderful that they built it all themselves and all for cash!

Stacey said...

I love Dawn's cabin! Her style is colorful, pretty, and thrifty. All great things! Glad to see her featured here.

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Dawn's home is always so sunny and bright with the lovely warm wood walls and fun colours and fabrics. I love her mix of log cabin and farmhouse with lots of vintage touches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...