"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Thursday, February 7, 2013

For the Love of Brownies


I love brownies.
I could eat them everyday, but I don't.
You may not know this about me, but I'm a bit of a health nut.
Some relatives have even gone so far as to call me a hippie. The nerve! :)

Anyhoo, I do not believe in depriving myself the little things that bring me joy.
And chocolate brings me joy.


So what's a chocolate lovin' gal supposed to do?
I started searching for a healthy alternative and decided to try baking brownies with black beans.
This was a new concept for me and I did not know what to expect.


Well, it's a thumbs up for me.
I found the recipe over at Tammy's Recipes.
I baked my second batch already and tweaked the recipe to better fit my needs and tastes.
That's how I am. I can never leave it as is. There's always room for improvement!

Photobucket

15 comments:

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

well, what a great reason to eat brownies - they have beans in them. what else could you ask for??! yummy. i will definitely try these - i think i might have some beans in the cabinet - off to see. my friend you have made my day.

a hippie - i have been called much worse names than that. personally i think hippies are free, well relaxed, happy & such fun to be around. there are much worse things you could be. ha. ha!!

enjoy those brownies. ( :

Ruby and Arthur said...

Healthy brownies in a vintage Pyrex...love! Jean

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Woah, how neat! I've never tried using black beans in brownies. I did recently try a brownie recipe using dates and it turned out so well!

My family knows me as the person who brings the "weird" food to the get togethers haha. I always bring healthier options!

sew sweet vintage said...

Wow, what a great idea. Healthy brownies:) Chocolate lover here too! I can't wait to try. Pinning! So glad you shared!!!!

The Zeigler Homestead said...

Brownies = Yummy!! Love your dish!

Patty Sumner said...

My Mother-in-law used to make a chocolate cake from leftover pinto beans that tasted really good. Your brownies look great...Great idea...I love brownies and actually I am enjoying one right now...straight up chocolate goodness....sorry! My hubby made them for me...Blessings!

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Hey .. I am down.. BROWNIES , Beans... Its all good. I will tell the family we are eating healthy ... I am with you .. Do what brings you JOY sister and brownies is a wonderful place to start... As always LOVE your blog .. Brings me Joy to be here .. HUGS

sweetvintageofmine said...

I'm with Jean(Ruby and Arthur)on this one....nothing better than brownies and pyrex!! Have a wonderful chocolate weekend! Roxie

Maureen said...

It's midnight and you have me craving brownies! Shame on you for showing me all that yummmm.

Jann Olson said...

Brownies with black beans? I'm not feelin it. lol! But then I'm not a brownie lover. Now, for the baking dish. That's a darlin little thing!
hugs,
Jann

Dawn said...

That's how I make healthy brownies too:)

Jori said...

Your pyrex is adorable, and your brownies look delish!

The Farmers Daughter said...

Just in time! I'm doing my best to get my act together and eat right. Thought I'd have to give up chocolate! Now, I have hope! lol I'll try your recipe soon! Thanks!
Dru

Amy Kinser said...

I have never heard of black beans in brownies. Headed over to check out the recipe.

cynthia lee designs said...

Brownies....yummy!! And healthily too!! Going to make some of these.
hugs,
Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...