"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Baking Center


It started with my sourdough adventures.
I needed flour. Lots of flour and different types.
And I needed a space to store all this flour.


This old washstand previously held all my cookbooks.
I felt I could put it to better use as my baking center.
Just enough storage available in those drawers and shelves


I already had some large jars to display the flour.
I just made some quick labels to go on them.

The labels are large office labels that I painted black and cut into a shape.
I used a white paint pen for the lettering. Easy peasy!

I still have my old screen above the washstand.
I added a grater and small sifter to the top.
The dish towel hanging on the side was from a giveaway I won.
(Thanks Jean from Ruby & Arthur.)


I needed storage for some linens and towels so a galvanized bucket does the trick.
I always have galvanized buckets. They add to the farmhouse style with ease.


I love the look of this 1958 almanac.
The farm gal is so cute.

I just found these two matching bowls while out pickin' the other weekend.
I knew they would fit perfectly here.
Added some primitive measuring cups and a vintage cloth napkin.


I've had this little yellow pitcher in storage forever. 
I added some old spoons and it's a perfect fit with my cookbooks.


Even though blue is my favorite color for decorating, I'm surprised at the pops of red showing up all over the house. Who knew? I like it. This old scoop with the chippy red handle is for display only. 
I have other scoops for my flour in the top drawer of the wash stand.


And there ya have it.
A baking center.
Just for me.


Sharing at:








Photobucket

21 comments:

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I love it! It is so cute! I think my favorite is the bright yellow pitcher with the spoons. I love the color. I also like the labels you have on the jars. Everything is just so cute!

vintage grey said...

Such a sweet baking space! Love all your pretty treasures!! Happy day to you! xo Heather

Patty Sumner said...

It looks great Cindy. I love the red handle spoon. As much as I try to drown out the red in my decorating..it keeps showing up...I loe pops of red! It looks as if you are all ready to bake a pie..post pics...lol.. Blessings!

sweetvintageofmine said...

I love that you have a "baking" area! I think those large glass jars are too sweet! Wouldn't mind tryin that myself! There's nothing like a farmhouse look! (p.s. glad I'm moving to another farmhouse!) Blessings~~~Roxie

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

That is a perfectly cute spot and will be great for baking. Love all your vintage finds and storage ideas.

Dawn said...

How cute, I love the look. What is the screen from, I don't recognize it's original purpose but love it.

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

I love those jars with the little black stickers on them ..OMGOODNESS and your RUBY & Arthur towel (love them) .. Its all amazing. Hard to pick a fave for sure. YOUR place is never anything less than beautiful . YOU have an eye for GORGEOUS stuff girl.. Hugs and blessings wished your way ..Love, Sherry @ The Rusty Pearl

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your baking center!! Of course, I love the glass jars...I have my flour and sugar in glass jars too. I even have an old glass jar with a green lid that I just put out on the counter with some snacks in it. I have the same old scoop with a chippy red handle, but mine is really rusted...I have it displayed in the buffet area.
hugs,
Cindy

Lani Padilla said...

Love it! So functional and fun, all at the same time. You've found some real treasures to display.

Popping in from The Charm of Home link party.

Hugs ...
Lani
www.simplyfreshvintage.com

Lisa said...

Well, naturally I LOVE your baking center! I wish I had one like it! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven for a visit.
xo,
Lisa

Sandra said...

Love it!
Thanks for sharing some great ideas,
I love the jars.

Magnolia Holler said...

I love your baking center! Very creative and beautiful display. I have all my pastas in glass jars, but I've been inspired to score more jars for flour!

daisy said...

I have serious screen envy. You have some nice treasures there. Enjoy baking in your new center.

Jann Olson said...

Cindy, I love your new (old) baking center. The jars turned out so cute and I have always adored your screen. I have a chippy scoop just like yours. I love that your adding some red and I will be adding blue to my basement kitchen. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Lisa Lynn said...

I love it! Someday I'll have a nice kitchen with a baking center too :) Found you on Farmgirl Friday and I would love to have you share this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop today!
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-5.html

Deborah Jean at Dandelion House said...

Hello Cindy dear!
congratulations! You are this weeks Tasty Tuesday feature at Dandelion House! I love your post on creating your baking center! WE all need good organization in the kitchen... Great job and so charming too! Thank you!
Deb

A Baker's Dozen Barnhouse News said...

Love your baking center. I saw you featured at Deborah Jean Dandelion House and had to visit your blog and see your post. Especially love the jars!

Blessings,

Sherry

Monique Elisabeth said...

That looks so great and inviting !!! You would love to spend all your time there ; )
Have a great day.
Hugs from The Netherlands.

Sherry said...

Great baking center! Love the vintage cookbook! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Lisa Lynn said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing your talent on The Creative HomeAcre Hop!
Our next party goes live Sunday morning at:
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-6.html

If you have a blog hop, please check out The Linky Love Party...a place to share your parties with other bloggers! Grab the button for an easy way to search for parties every week!
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/lets-party.html

The Farmers Daughter said...

I finally found it! Went back through the posts, then looked on the side and a link was there all the time! lol I do love your "baker's cabinet" and what you've done to it! I know you'll enjoy it. Reminds me of my Mom and her wash stand that sat in her kitchen. Glad Kit Kat has adjusted, too!
Hugs!
Dru

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...