"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Chicken Coop



This is a farmhouse blog.
When I talk about a chicken coop...well, you think of chickens. Right?
This chicken coop is a little different.
It's not filled with chickens. It's filled with liquor. 


We have been a dry county forever so seeing these types of establishments in the area recently is just strange. And then to name it 'Chicken Coop Liquors' is just plain funny.
I stopped in to check it out.

I plan to be making my own vanilla extract and possibly some tinctures so I wanted to price out some of the supplies I'll be needing. 
While there, I found some honey wine. Really? Now I may be behind the times living out in the country and being in a dry county for all these years, but I never heard of honey wine. I had to buy it.


It was pretty. 


The wine is a golden color and the back label had flowers and bees on it.


And there is a bee on a flower right on the bottle itself. I want to use this bottle for a vase or some other creative use. So yes, I will have to drink the wine first. It's not bad, not bad at all.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Maureen said...

I can help you finish that wine, if you like. Just so you have the bottle free to decorate with, of course!

The Farmers Daughter said...

You're in Bourbon country but it was a dry county? lol I would have bought the honey wine for the bottle, too--a wonderful excuse!
Hugs,
Dru

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Honey wine is delicious! We are getting bees this spring and can't wait til we can make our own honey wine :)

I love the name of the liquor store! So funny. We have one in town called "Dirt Cheap" and their mascot is a little chick that says "cheep cheep" haha. What is it with chickens and liquor stores?

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

That would be a cute bottle to save with the bee and flower. Thanks for the sweet comment!

The Zeigler Homestead said...

You are a hoot!! This made me smile :) The bottle is definitely cute. ~Susie~

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Cindy. What a fun find. I've never seen honey wine either. Love the bottle..Happy Monday..Judy

Liz said...

I have never heard of honey wine. But I love honey and a glass of wine, so it sounds like a winning combo to me! Love the bottle too!

Ayu Maselli said...

Dearest Cindy,

I have never heard and taste any wine from honey bee, thought wine from grapes.
interesting to know this;)
have a good week

cynthia lee designs said...

I've never hear of honey wine either. Love the design on the glass bottle.
hugs,
Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...