"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Friday, March 15, 2013

Country Whites Weekend #4 - I Wanted Daisies


Good Friday morning  to y’all!
I think I smell spring just around the corner, don’t you?

Welcome to Country Whites Weekend!
We are so thrilled that all you country folk have taken the time to party with us!
We appreciate each and every one of you and your inspiring country whites!


It’s plain and simple and oh, so sweet.
Embrace your country whites and share them here!
Inspire us. Take us home. Fill us with country charm.

Since I’ve been feeling a need for spring lately, I thought about buying some daisies.
Nothing shouts farmhouse simplicity to me than a bouquet of white daises.
When I went to pick some up, the store didn’t have any. Really? Sigh.


Then something caught my eye. Little white roses with an aged look.


I’m not a rose gal. I’m a daisy gal, but these ruffled roses were sweet.


My grandfather had rose bushes and I thought of him immediately.


I think I caught the love of gardening from him as I remember always being his little helper.


So these roses came home with me. And I really like them.


I still love my daisies, but I think I have room for roses, too.

‘Country Whites Weekend’
The third weekend of every month…
Friday morning through Sunday evening.


Held jointly at
Old Time Farmhouse &
Link here or there and you will show up on both blogs.

Features will be held the following Friday,
so be sure to come back and check out both our blogs.

♥♥♥Country Rules♥♥♥

♥Your post must be about WHITES (not red and white, green and white, etc.)
A pop of color is allowed.
♥Write your country whites post first and link back here to Country Whites Weekend with text or link back with the Country Whites Weekend photo within your post.
♥Be sure to link up your post url, not your blog url.
♥Become a follower of both blogs.
♥Take the time to visit at least 3 other party participants.
♥Linking to shops, giveaways, parties and blog hops is a no-no.
♥Linking up something that you have already shared here is another no-no.
♥No more than 3 links per party.
♥All photos must be your own.

Thank y’all for following the rules.
Now let the party begin!


Photobucket

17 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Good Morning Cindy,
The roses are beautiful. What an inspiration for spring. Thank you for hosting and have a great weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Diane said...

Your ruffled roses are so pretty with your sweet bird. Thanks for hosting!

The Farmers Daughter said...

Beautiful photos! Beautiful roses! I'm afraid roses are my favorites--although I had a thing for daisies in college. Pink roses remind me of Aunt Mamie--her favs. My favs have to be red! But, I'll take any color. I'm not picky!
Hugs and Blessings,
Dru

Nook and Cranny said...

Roses are great, too.
Love the bird in the nest.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

The roses are very pretty and a lovely reminder of time with your grandfather. I prefer carnations to roses, but I also have room for roses.

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...but roses are wonderful, too.
Especially is they are fragrant.
Daisies are nice too...as long as when the petals are plucked it ends with "He loves me".
Have great weekend!
Smiles,
Carolynn xo

Our Neck of the Woods said...

It's funny because I'm not a rose girl either, but I love these roses! The slight aged look makes them so perfect. I'm going to see if have any white posts that qualify for linking up :)

Sherry said...

Beautiful flowers Cindy! I bought some yellow roses a week ago and they are really lasting they are still beautiful! Thank you for sharing your sweet memories of your Grandfather.
Sherry

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Beautiful photos!
Thanks so much for hosting the blog party.
Hugs,
Tam

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

My 14 year old .. Her nickname is little ROSE .. she has loved roses since crawling I think ... I love this post. It reminded me of her instantly.. I think there is always room for roses.... HUGS

Jann Olson said...

Hi Cindy,
I'm a bit sad that I don't have a post to share this month. Been so busy lately, but I had to hop over and say 'hi'! I am a daisy lover also, but the roses are gorgeous. Mom always said that roses were my dad's favorite flower.
hugs,
Jann

Magnolia Holler said...

I love your white roses! I am a rose gal. Daisies are nice, but nothing beats the fragrance of a beautiful sweet rose!
Also, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
Check it out: http://magnoliaholler.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

Monique Elisabeth said...

Beautiful roses !! I love the colour. The birds nest is very sweet too ; )

chateau chic said...

Your roses are beautiful, Cindy!
Mary Alice

Mary Hill said...

I love roses too. Are these miniatures? I am looking for sme nice ones. Really enjoyed you pictures of white treasures.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I would find those roses irresistible too! Lovely! Happy first day of spring! Yoo hoo!

Amy Kinser said...

Your roses are beautiful and I love that you called them ruffled roses. Sweet that they remind you of your grandfather.

Blessings to you, Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...