"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Friday, May 17, 2013

Country Whites Weekend #6 - Bike Ride


A good country morning to y'all!
Let's start this day off with a party, shall we!?!
Let's make it a
Country Whites Weekend!!!



Anyone up for a bike ride in the country?

Come on along.


My imagination makes me believe that this bike, at one time, traveled many country roads while passing horses running in the meadows, cows munching in the fields, and dogs barking from farmhouse porches.

The destination? A picnic by the lake, of course.


Lunch could easily ride in the front basket which now holds flowers.
Before heading back home, shoes and socks could be kicked off for some good old wading in the lake. Now really, that is how we all should spend a day once in awhile.
Sweet and simple.


This bike was eventually put away, forgotten, and left to rust in a shed.
Along I come to an auction a few years back and even though the bike was ugly as all get out, 
I knew it had to have a story and still have so much potential!
I brought the bike home, washed it up, and brought out the cans of spray paint.
White paint, of course. And I was quite pleased with it.


The basket was another find from a flea market.
I'm originally from Ohio and my Dad's name is Jim.
Perfect fit for this old bike.

Years ago, I was a long distance bike rider.
I would ride those country back roads...50, 75, 100 miles.
I would even threw some supplies on the back of my bike and camp overnight. 


So this sweet little bike is not only part of my garden decor,
 it brings back country memories of my bike riding days.

Now it's your turn.
It’s plain and simple and oh, so sweet.
Embrace your country whites and share them here!
Inspire us. Take us home. Fill us with country charm.

‘Country Whites Weekend’
The third weekend of every month…
Friday morning through Sunday evening.


Held jointly at
Old Time Farmhouse &
Link here or there and you will show up on both blogs.

Features will be held the following Friday,
so be sure to come back and check out both our blogs.

♥♥♥Country Rules♥♥♥

♥Your post must be about WHITES. A pop of color is allowed.
♥Write your country whites post first and link back here to Country Whites Weekend with text or link back with the Country Whites Weekend photo within your post.
♥Be sure to link up your post url, not your blog url.
♥Become a follower of both blogs.
♥Take the time to visit at least 3 other party participants.
♥Linking to shops, giveaways, parties and blog hops is a no-no.
♥Linking up something that you have already shared here is another no-no.
♥No more than 3 links per party.
♥All photos must be your own.

Thank y’all for following the rules.
Now let the party begin!

Photobucket

13 comments:

The Farmers Daughter said...

Good Morning, Cindy! Absolutely love the bike! I pulled an old kids bike out of the barn yesterday to paint for the garden, but it's not half as nice as yours. I'm now rethinking it. Loved your story, too.
Happy Partying this weekend!
Dru

Celestina Marie said...

Good Country Morning Cindy,
Your bike is wonderful. I love it in white and the basket filled with flowers is the perfect touch. How special it already had the Ohio,Jim plate on it. It looks beautiful in your garden.
Thank you for hosting.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Jann Olson said...

Cindy, I love the story of your sweet bike! I have a similar one. I was traveling (in a car) along a back roads years ago and spied an old bike out in the yard of an antique shop. Stopped and after giving the man $15 I took it home. Yellow at the time and then when it was looking a little shabby I spray painted it aqua. It came with a front basket, but later I found a fender basket. The other day I noticed that the paint was once again in need of a new look. I was thinking maybe white this time. Your cute bike has inspired me to beautify her this weekend. How awesome that your road for that many miles. I sure don't have that claim to fame. Did have a sweet Schwinn bike growing up. Happy to be partying with you two cute gals!
hugs,
Jann

debi rosin said...

I love the bike. . . my daughter bought me one for Mothers Day this year. . . I had my eye on it from a cute little greenhouse called the Pedal Pusher. . . (I love that name. . . ) She surprised me with the little cute. . . it's pink but I think it *needs* to be white. . . thanks for sharing. . .

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Cindy. I love your old bicycle which reminds me of one I had as a teenager. What a great find to put in your garden. I remember having those little name plates on our bikes too. Thanks for hosting Country Whites weekend. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Pamela

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Cindy,
I love your bike!! I'm wanting one to put in my flower bed out front. Going to a huge flea market tomorrow...wonder if I will find one.
Have a great weekend.
hugs,
Cindy

Our Neck of the Woods said...

That bike is so awesome! I just love what you've done with it. Soooo cute!

Hope you have a great weekend :)

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I have a vintage bike sprayed white too. Love yours!

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Lovely bike and very nice story! It looks so sweet with that basket!
I have joined your great party with my vintage hot water plates but now I think perhaps there's not enough white in them...forgive me if you don't find it proper.
Besos and thank you for hosting!
Silvina

Diane said...

I love your sweet bike with the flower basket. So charming! I'm linking up rather late with my Farmhouse whites but wanted to join your lovely weekend party. Thanks for hosting!

Lisa Tucker said...

Love, love the bike....you are so creative...:)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I do love the old white bikes - they just add such charm to a garden. Add flowers and it is perfect.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Great bicycle! I love the story you tell about it along the way! This is what makes these old finds so fun, just imagining a story to go along them and let them continue to entertain. I love the flowers in the basket and it parked along side the fence. Perfect!
Blessings,
Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...