"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, June 3, 2013

Farm Fresh Feature - June 2013


A farm fresh welcome to y'all this Monday morning! 
It's Farm Fresh Feature time here at Old Time Farmhouse!

I'm so excited as we have a fun and fabulous feature this month.
I'd like to introduce you to my friend, Lisa from My Ordinary Country Life!
She's the type of gal I could sit and share a glass of tea with on the porch. 
Or maybe a glass of wine with our shoes kicked off and feet propped up overlooking the lake.
So sit back and let's get to know Lisa, shall we!?!


What would you like to share with us today?

Well first I would like to say thank you Cindy from Old Time Farmhouse for featuring me.  

When I told my husband you wanted to feature me he said "you told them we had a farm?"

Haha..(nervous laugh)

So we don't really have a "farm" but we live in the country in a small, rural town in Southwest Alabama on a few acres of land.




I married my high school sweetheart and we have two grown sons.

This was our Christmas card....:)


We also have three dogs, two cats and eight chickens.

Baby Kitty

Sambo

Bucky

Breesy (we call her the "teenager" because she stays in trouble)

And the oldest is Pook (name not my fault...husband named him)

These are my precious chickens...




Do you have a name for your country home?

No..I don't have a name for our place but......the chickens do.

We are the Tuckers and they are the.........Cluckers....:)


What country life style are you currently embracing?

Well I blackmailed  asked my husband and boys to build me the chicken coop last year and now we are enjoying our home grown eggs.

I loved decorating the coop and really enjoyed it at Christmas!


It was quite a task (the coop building) and I did an entire post on our chicken coop wars...lol.

Then I cried, begged, pouted asked that he build me a clothesline and he did!


I started canning two years ago and really enjoy looking at the jars on my old shelf and enjoy even more eating the fresh vegetables.


I am currently in the process of building my own raised garden beds. (One of many projects.)


 We cut our own firewood and we cut wood for some of our older friends.

We planted apple trees, fig trees, pear trees, and peach trees.

Do you have future goals?

Yes....a lot of them!

I plan to expand my raised beds and can a lot more vegetables.

I really want to pen in behind the coop and get a couple of goats.

Paint, paint, and paint.....fences, doors, and trim.

I'm hoping to remodel the inside of the house and lighten it up.

Some rooms are good but I'm hoping for a kitchen and living room remodel.




So, yes, a lot of plans.

What do you cherish most about your country life?

All of it!

We love living in a rural area.

We spend a lot of our time outdoors...


I love sitting on the front porch with a glass of sweet tea.



I love that my 3 guys get to share quality time in the woods...


I love riding the dirt roads and seeing views like this...


 and this...


I love that my chickens have a sense of humor on April Fools...


I love the view out my window of a squirrel on my chippy red swing...


My roses in bloom


Boots in the rain....


I love dirt on my hands and the sun on my back...


I love everything about My Ordinary Country Life...

and I've really enjoyed sharing it with you.

My blog is My Ordinary Country Life at http://www.smile99999.blogspot.com/

You're welcome here anytime.


Thanks, Lisa, for sharing your (extra)ordinary country life with us.

And thank you to our readers for taking the time today. 
Lisa is a fun, country gal who always makes me smile.
Want to learn more? Just hop on over to her 'blog'


The next Farm Fresh Feature will be July 1.
See ya then! 

Photobucket

7 comments:

marie said...

Lisa sounds like a very fun person! Love that photo of her yellow roses...I'm off to see more on her blog.
Thanks for featuring her!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

What a fun feature! I recently followed Lisa's blog and I enjoy it so much! She is a sweetheart. I love her chicken coop - it is so fun and festive!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Oh, how I loved the views! besides What an awesome looking family! My kind of life...I wil be your newest follower soon! Roxie

Stacey said...

Your place looks amazing! I love how country and colorful everything is. The chicken coop is adorable - Tuckers and Cluckers - perfect!! Your dogs and cats are a wonderful addition to the family. Baby Kitty looks just like ours.

The Farmers Daughter said...

What a wonderful feature! I think she qualifies to call it a "farm"!!!! Love all the old buildings--and there's TREES! Living on a cotton farm, not many trees around! lol You have a beautiful place to call Home.
Blessings from my Farmhouse,
Dru

Sarah Adams said...

I have been following Lisa for a while now and really enjoy her blog! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Tucker said...

Thank all of you so much! I was so surprised when Cindy asked me to do this....just know that all of you are my inspiration. Now...I'd like to thank my mom and the academy...lol
Love and hugs.
Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...