"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'm Home


This June has been different and difficult.
I'm exhausted mentally, physically, and emotionally.
But...I'm home now.


It all started with the passing of my mother on June 4.
Her death was quick and unexpected.
The flowers above are what I picked from her garden.
She loved her flowers, the small waterfall out back, and all the birds who came to visit.

I stayed for the week in Ohio with my father before heading back home to Kentucky. 
I had to board an airplane for PA as my oldest daughter was moving from PA to TN.
I went to help out with my 1 year old granddaughter.
I spent my time entertaining her and doing a lot of walking and pushing her stroller so she could take naps while everyone was at the house packing and loading the van.
The next morning was the 9 hour drive to TN.

My granddaughter has never been in a vehicle for that long. 
Needless to say, there was a lot of crying.
Hers and mine (smile). We did arrive safe and sound though.
My husband drove to TN on Wednesday so we could drive back to KY together on Thursday.

The next day...back to Ohio so I could be with my dad.
Whew! Did not know what day it was or what state I was in most of the time.
My dad is in bad health. Mom took care of him and now she is gone.
How can he do this thing called life on his own?
So many decisions. So little time.

Sometimes there are no answers.
You just have to trust that all will be okay.
Not to say that I'm not worried or I haven't shed a few tears.

I want to thank you all for your comments and concerns.
You cannot even imagine how it has helped my state of mind.

'Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.'
~Leo Buscaglia~

Thank you, my friends!

Photobucket

19 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother!! I'm sure love for your father will lead to the right decisions, whatever they are. God bless.

Monique Elisabeth said...

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and yours !!
Hugs from The Netherlands !!

The Farmers Daughter said...

I'm so glad your Home! Even though we kept in touch, it still felt lonely. Get some rest before you dive into doing too much. You deserve it, Girl!
Hugs from My Farmhouse,
Dru

Kassandra said...

It´s so sad to know you´ve been going through so hard times, there are no words which can be effective on moments like these... Anyway receive a great hug from faraway and all my prayers and blessings for you and your family.
K.

cynthia lee designs said...

Cindy, so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs,
Cindy

ImSoVintage said...

Cindy, I am so sorry to hear about your mom and I know the decisions about your dad are very difficult. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Laura

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Oh Cindy, I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. Losing someone so unexpectedly has to be incredibly hard and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I pray you'll be able to find a good solution to helping out your dad that works for everyone. I hope you can rest up now after your exhausting month.

Jann Olson said...

Cindy, so sorry about your mother. I did not realize that she had passed. Knowing what to do with your dad is a hard decision. I love the quote in the movie, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
hugs,
Jann

Celestina Marie said...

Cindy, I am so sorry about the passing of your mother. My deepest sympathy comes you way. I know the difficulty of times like this too well. Prayers for your dad and his health, for your daughter in her new home and for you in the days ahead. May you feel the strength from above and God's comfort going forward.

Thoughts and prayers,
Celestina Marie

Pamela Gordon said...

Dear Cindy, I'm very sorry about the passing of your mother. You must be so exhausted with all of the travelling and all that goes with the loss of a loved one. I hope you will find peace and strength in the days ahead. Blessings. Pamela

Liz said...

I am so sorry to read of your mothers passing. Many thoughts and prayers for your family during this difficult time. May things work out the best with your father.
Liz

Bliss said...

Welcome home, catch your breath.

Bliss

Lisa Tucker said...

Oh Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. My prayers are with you and your family during this time. We've missed you being here and I pray that you will find comfort and peace. Hugs and prayers...
Lisa

Barb Mullally said...

I was so sorry to read about your mother. A year and a half ago I was in the same situation although my parents lived only two hours away. My mom passed leaving my dad who has vision problems. We had to deal with their house and then move my dad in with my husband and myself. It has changed our life but I didn't have the heart to put him in a nursing home. My heart goes out to you for what has happened and what lies ahead.

sweetvintageofmine said...

Praying for you in this difficult time. May God lead you in the right decisions and may PEACE that passes all understanding cover you. Hugs, Roxie

Sarah Adams said...

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. Sending prayers your way and hope you will find peace and comfort. God bless you and yours during this time of loss!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I'm sorry to read that post. It's so hard to live without a mother and to make decisions for one's parents. I'll be thinking of you all the way from France.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Dear sweet Cindy, My heart breaks for you. You have had a very rough month. I am sorry for the loss of your mom. The picture of her flowers is beautiful. I understand all the stress you have been and are still under. I will pray for you all and for your dad. It is very hard to make these decisions. May God lead you and comfort you through all of this. Take one day at a time. So glad you are back home.
Blessings
Susie

Faye said...

I'm so sorry about your mom. (just catching up so I'm finding this late) I've lost both my parents, I sure understand what it's like.
We will miss your posts but you need time to heal.
Hugs,
Faye

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...