"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day

Everyday should be earth day, shouldn't it?
It's our home. We need to put time and effort into it.
At least take the time to appreciate it, right?
So that's what I'm doing today.
Playing in my garden and enjoying the fresh air.
It does my heart good.
I even took a soil sample to the county extension office for evaluation this morning.
Last year, my garden didn't do as well as it could have.
So this year, I'm starting right. The soil is mighty important in producing a good garden. 
So...whatcha doing this Earth Day? 
Maybe planting and playing in the dirt? 
Happy Earth Day to You!
post signature

6 comments:

The Farmers Daughter said...

I'm so glad you keep up with all these special days for us or I wouldn't have known it was Earth Day! Ok. So maybe I'll run through the newly plowed fields they worked so hard on this morning? Would that count? Wish it was warm enough to go barefoot through the fields. Now, that would be a treat! I AM from Arkansas, you know. . .(smiling BIG Time)HUGS!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Cindy, Happy Earth Day. Love the stone bunny. Everyday has been earth day here lately as I dig in the dirt and enjoy the warm temps and my garden.
Hugs!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Glad you have enjoyed this beautiful day playing in the dirt Cindy! I can't put out a garden this year but will be doing landscaping after we move(probably more toward Fall) I love a garden and I'm sure you will have an abundant one this year! You are right...it starts with GOOD soil~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

Kassandra said...

Hi Cindy!!! Can you believe that here in Uruguay nobody made even a little mention about Earth´s Day? However, my family and I have spent all day (the whole week, to be honest) in the garden, preparing the soil and taking care of the little seedlings which will be soon taken to the greenhouse -temperatures are getting colder and colder around here...- It´s so heartwarming to work so close to Nature! Thanks for sharing this, have a lovely week.
Hugs,
K.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I agree! We all need to appreciate our beautiful earth that provides us with such a good life. Enjoy your week! Hugs!

Laurie M said...

I agree as well!! Everyday shoul be earth day, we are the stewards for this beautiful planet!!!What a beautiful blog you have, I see we have blogging friends in common, thats how I found you, I have joined to follow along on your adventures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...