"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, April 14, 2014

The Birds Are Singing

The birds are singing their song of spring.
It was a wonderfully warm weekend with lots of work to do in the great outdoors.
I spent some time in the garden and got a Farmer Fran tan. You know...where you wear a t-shirt and have that tan line across the top of your arm. I do it every year. I must say though, this is probably the earliest in the year that I'm a wearing my Farmer Fran tan. I'm such a trend setter.

Well, all that must come to an end says Mother Nature. 
We do have a freeze warning for tonight and some snow for tomorrow.
The birds may stop singing and start screaming...
will winter ever end!?!

Stay warm and hopeful! I've got to find something to cover up my plants!

(:  The little cast iron love birds in the above photo are now available in my shop!  :)  
post signature

10 comments:

Liz said...

It was a beautiful weekend around here! Now the winds have changed and the snow is blowing again! UGH!

Lisa Tucker said...

Yes I know all about the Farmer Fran tan...:) Love the birds and hope warm weather finds you soon...:))) Hugs!

lynn said...

Sioux Falls had a great weekend and now back to 25! It just never ends. Lynn

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Cindy, I know all about the Farmer Fran tan. LOL I've been working for 2 weekends in a row in the garden too and tonight just covered everything as we are getting a freeze too. Can't believe it for us this late in April.
Love your Love Birds with the rust and charm. They are precious.

Wishing you warm weather again soon and a blessed Easter.
Hugs

Dawn said...

Yep, same kind of weather here. 75 one day and 35 the next :(

sweetvintageofmine said...

Yes Cindy, this weather is for the birds, isn't it? One day is this way and another day, that way! But I'm not complaining...It's Spring! Easter Blessings~~~Roxie

cynthia lee designs said...

We had a pretty weekend here in the 70's and now they are saying we are getting some snow overnight. And I was thinking that the snow was done until next year...guess not!!
hugs,
Cindy

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Glad to hear you had a nice weekend!
It rained here in WI all weekend and this morning we woke up to snow. Ugh!!!
Love the birds!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Pamela Gordon said...

That same cold front is headed here too Cindy. Oh well, it won't last. I wish you a blessed Easter weekend.

The Farmers Daughter said...

We had frost this morning! I was so shocked! Our birds looked a little confused, too. Every time it gets cold again, I think this will surely be the last one. . .I so hope so! I haven't had the opportunity to get a Fran Tan, yet. I'm envious of you!
Hugs,
Dru

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...