"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Can You Hear It?

Listen. Do you know what I hear?
Quiet. I hear quiet.
Well, what I really hear is an early morning country quiet...
the birds are singing,
a few bugs are buzzing by,
and the geese are honking on the lake.
No cars.
No people.
No cell phones.
No chaos.
This is my type of morning.
I'm really happy to have my routine of walking the dogs twice a day.
We were out before 8:00 this morning as it is going to get pretty warm today.
Nothing is more inspiring than to take the time to appreciate one's surroundings.
Connect to nature.
And leave the modern world...behind.
My wish for you today...
is to hear the quiet.
post signature

10 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

Oh I envy you.....lately there is no silence here....nope....not even 1 minute of it....imagine your husband and college kid home for weeks. I'm not complaining (much) but I'm ready for our life to get started on this new journey and I can get use to a new normal. Enjoy your peace my friend and take a few deep breaths for me.....:)

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Cindy, I agree with hearing nothing but quiet except the birds singing because they are so happy it's spring.
Every morning the chorus of birds sing right outside our window and it is heavenly. No need for an alarm clock. It's the time of day I love the best.
Beautiful post my friend.
Wishing you a peaceful and quiet week.
Hugs

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Hi Cindy
I can appreciate the peaceful mornings. We had a late start snow day here yesterday for my son! Tonight is down to freezing again. Our lilac blogs and leaves are all droopy. Looking forward to when summer turns on, our Spring is more like winter!
Loved all your pictures!
Blessings
Susie

Liz said...

My favorite time is the peacefulness of morning. I love that it is getting warm enough to have the back door open and just listen. Beautiful pics!!
Liz

cynthia lee designs said...

I love the peacefulness of mornings. Also love to hear the birds singing their morning songs.
hugs,
Cindy

The Farmers Daughter said...

Your place is so lovely--Maybe one day I'll get to see it!
Hugs,
Dru

The Farmers Daughter said...

Me again! I forgot to tell you--I love your new header and background. And, you photos are to envy. You're one lady who has it together!

Linda said...

Beautiful photos, great post.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I treasure quiet mornings! After my husband goes to work and before my kids wake up..... BLISS! Pretty photos! I'm a new follower. Hope you will visit when you can.
Sherry

Sugar Cookies to Peterbilts said...

Enjoying a full weekend of quiet and loving every minute of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...