"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Friday, May 9, 2014

Journey of Simplicity


As I was taking the dogs for their morning walk, it dawned on me how fortunate and thankful I am. 
My journey of simplicity...is no longer predetermined and it no longer holds the question of how I should approach my life. It just is. It comes naturally with a rhythm and a routine that puts a smile on my face.


On our walk as I rounded the corner to head toward the pasture, the fresh breeze played with my hair and brushed across my skin. Without the chaos of the modern day world competing for my attention, I totally embrace that breeze and can feel a full appreciation for it.
 

There are many paths one can take and my journey of simplicity is not for everyone. I understand that. But you know what? My path is filled with an abundance of blessings. That makes it a good choice as it fills me with peace and purpose.


So today, my wish for you is simplicity. 
A sweet and simple day...weekend...life. Whichever you seek.
And have a Happy Mother's Day, too!

post signature

8 comments:

Lisa Tucker said...

I totally agree Cindy....there is nothing like it. To be content in all things. The older I get the less "things" that I want. A simple, humble life sounds great to me!!

sweetvintageofmine said...

What a beautiful post Cindy. I too, LOVE the simple life. I set out a few years back to "simplify" my life...mentally, physically and spiritually. I know, we can't always control things that happen, good or bad but God is in control and he is always with us. And yes, we are Blessed! Roxie

cynthia lee designs said...

Great post!! The older I get the more seek a simple life.
hugs,
Cindy

Kassandra said...

You really touched my heart with this post, Cindy... Leaving the craziness of today´s world to immerse ourselves into a simpler style of living is not always an easy choice, but how rewarding it becomes in the end! I left my corporative job when my son was born, because I decided I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom and not miss any single step of my baby as he was growing; and now -four years later- I can say I´m happier than ever before, since I have learned to truly enjoy the little blessings of everyday life (perhaps I don´t have brand shoes anymore, but the pleasure of walking barefoot on the grass has no price!)
Thanks for sharing so beautiful thoughts, send you a great hug from Uruguay.
K.

ga447 said...

Simplicity has helped me greatly - enjoying nature and everything I have shows me how lucky I am.

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm with you 100% on embracing a simple lifestyle. It isn't something I have to think about anymore, it's the way I am. I don't even have TV and I don't miss it a bit.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Cindy
Perfectly wonderful!! Simply simplify!!
Happy Mother's Day
Hugs

The Farmers Daughter said...

What a beautiful post! Words of wisdom. Hope you had a great Mother's Day!
Hugs,
Dru

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...