"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, May 12, 2014

Laundry Day

Today was laundry day.
I don't mind doing the laundry. Not at all.
I have an old machine that works just fine.
I don't need anything fancy, just something that gets the job done.

I also have an old dryer. But when the warm weather arrives, I enjoy hanging the laundry outside on the line.
My clothesline is not fancy either as I just have a rope strung between two trees. 


Hanging the laundry up gives me another excuse to be outdoors.
Once done, I can meander over to look at my flowers. Again.




And did I mention that I also have a helper?
Wherever I am, there she is. Helping!?!


So that is my laundry day...sweet and simple.
Just the way I like it.

post signature

6 comments:

cynthia lee designs said...

You have a very cute helper with laundry day!!
hugs,
Cindy

debi rosin said...

sweet n simple. . . I love lined dried laundry. . . your photos are stunning. . . d

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Love your laundry helper. Wish I could hang my wash out on these sunny and breezy days. We also feed the birds and we have so many here that my wash gets little birdie gifts all over it.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Debby Ray said...

I love this post! My washer and dryer are also old but like yours, they get the job done! I hung clothes outside when I was a girl...LOVED the fresh smell! My very first post on my other blog was titled "Monday is Wash Day". There are too many trees in my yard to hang clothes outside...don't want any unwanted "decorations" on them :) I love the new look of your blog too!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Cindy, What a sweet little laundry helper. There is nothing better then fresh laundry right off the line. This takes me back to growing up when my mom and grandma always hung the laundry in the spring, summer and fall.
I do not have a spot to hang outside in this house, but everywhere else we lived my hubby had room to make me a clothes line. I sure miss it.
Great pics.
Blessings

The Farmers Daughter said...

I've been dying to hang my laundry on the line! So far, it's been too dusty (from planting cotton) or too windy other days. Maybe soon? Kit Kat look comfy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...