"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, June 30, 2014

Bee Happy

I love bees! Such fascinating little critters.
So small, yet so crucial and significant when it comes to our food supply.
So you can imagine how excited I was when I saw honey bees.
Yes...I saw honey bees! In my garden.

You may be thinking 'big deal'. But it is a big deal!
I have not had honey bees in my garden for a few years now.
Oh, I've had other bees like mason bees and bumblebees. 
So where were all the honey bees?


This year, I noticed one little gal coming all by her lonesome. 
Even though I was happy to see her come every day, I wondered why she was not inviting her friends.
She should have been going back to the hive and doing her happy dance to tell all the other bees about my great garden. 


Then the other day, I noticed that she did tell all her gal pals. I was surrounded by honey bees. 
Lots of happy honey bees. Working away in my garden.

What can I say? Thank goodness. Thank God.
And one day? I hope to become a beekeeper.
Bee happy, y'all!
post signature

6 comments:

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Cindy, how wonderful and so fascinating how nature works her magic. Love your photos.
Wishing you a wonderful evening and 4th of July!
XO

sweetvintageofmine said...

Glad you are seeing the honey bees Cindy! My, my, we need those bees! I love lavender and I'm sure your garden is beautiful! Blessings~~~Roxie

cynthia lee designs said...

Beautiful photos!! I used to see honey bees in my flower gardens, but I haven't see any this year so far.
~Cindy

Maureen Wyatt said...

You are doing the world a big favour by planting a garden that nurtures honey bees. Go you!

Debby Ray said...

Beautiful photos, Cindy!

The Farmers Daughter said...

So when do you start your hives? lol Beautiful photos, as always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...