"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Building Character

Here bunny bunny!
Come on, bunnies! Follow me!


Don't want to play follow the leader?
Okay...how about a sing along?
That's it! You guys are the best!


Life on the farm.
Fun. Adventurous. Simple moments. Hard work.
And all so worth it all.

As a former educator of young children, it does my heart good to see my granddaughter have the opportunity to grow up on a farm. 
When I was a teacher, I was the one who was marching my students outside to the perfect learning environment. 
It's all there...math, science, and so much more.
That and the fact of taking in good, fresh air and participating in a stimulating environment.

It saddens me that our children today are completely involved in too much screen time. As a child, I was always outside playing with my cousins and the neighbor kids. Always barefoot. And probably always filthy. But happy. 
Those were good times and I have vivid memories of them still.

We need to give our children good times in the great outdoors.
Let's build character and caring.
Let's put smiles on their faces.
Let's create good memories that last a lifetime.

Just sayin'.


post signature

8 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

What sweet photos of your granddaughter. It's wonderful when children today have the opportunity to get outdoors into nature. There is so much to see and learn. Have a wonderful summer. Blessings, Pam

Liz said...

Adorable pictures!! I wish more schools would incorporate gardening into their programs. Math, science and the kids would get to taste the things they grow.

Maureen Wyatt said...

I agree with you 100%. Six of my grandkids live on a farm and their city cousin visits them and shares in the fun. Sweet picture of your granddaughter and the bunnies!

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Cindy, what an adorable pic of your little grand. So sweet. Yes, kids are not outside enough playing and using their imagination the way we did growing up. We made up stories and gave ourselves characters to play and had hours of fun. There was tag, and hide and go seek, four square tether ball and so much more. And instead of a computer screen, we read books on the grass laying on a quilt. Being on a farm is like attending collage outdoors. So much to learn in nature.
I say all this while looking at the computer!! LOL Would we have been the same then if we had these electronics??
Great post Cindy. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.
Blessings!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the photo of your granddaughter and the bunnies...so adorable!!
~Cindy

sweetvintageofmine said...

You speak the truth!! It is sad to see what our youth is missing out on...I'm thankful for those who "get it"! Your granddaughter is beautiful...such a sweet picture! Bunnies are cute too! Blessings~~~Roxie

The Farmers Daughter said...

A-MEN!!!!!
Sophia is such a sweetie!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

What sweet photos! I agree, and love living outside of town. My kids still get in their "screen time". But it is a very less hectic lifestyle. They love taking care of the animals and the yard!
Blessings,
Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...