"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Vintage Hankies

I have piles of vintage hankies. I didn't try to collect any.
It just happened. A few would be tucked in here and there in boxes at auctions.
And before I knew it, I had a collection. A collection sitting in drawers and not being used.


Well, I decided to pull them out, along with some lace that also came from an auction, to make a bunting. I'll use it to jazz up my space at the show I'll soon be doing. This is a quick pic of it. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some shots of it hanging in my space to share with you later.


I actually enjoy being creative and using what I have to make my show space special. Of course, it helps when I have a good stash of supplies and vintage items on hand.

I sewed these on the machine with large stitches in case I want to take them out at a later date.
I just might want to hang this bunting in my soaping room after the show. We'll see. 
Now if I could just figure out what to do with all the other linens I have stashed away.

How about you?
Do you have your own stash?  


post signature

8 comments:

sweetvintageofmine said...

LOVE your hankies! Bunting is a fabulous idea for vintage hankies...I have several BUT they were my Grandmothers and I don't have the heart "to do" much with them...most are like new! I think your bunting is adorable~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Cindy, what a creative idea for the hankies you had collected. The bunting is so pretty and will make a nice addition to your show space.
Love your pics and thanks for sharing.
Hugs

The Farmers Daughter said...

How clever you are! That's a real 'make-do' attitude! I think most of us have a stash of linens hidden away--just in case.
Smiling with You!
D

must love junk said...

SO pretty! Love these :)
Susan

Diane said...

What a lovely idea to turn your vintage hankies into a bunting. Very pretty!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh yes, I have a stash of hankies, and lace, and fabrics..and I'm a collector and junker like you. I just found your blog via Susan and am your newest follower. We share a common thread in being our own boss...I am an antique dealer, too.

Happy weekend!

Nancy Reinke said...

I love vintage hankies, and wish I had all the ones given to me in birthday cards by my aunts when I was a child. It was the thing to do in those days. Kind of thinking that tradition should be revived. Your collection is lovely, Cindy. ~ Nancy

White Lace and Promises said...

What a great idea with the hankies. I was actually thinking about doing this today. I have some hankies that have been laying around. Great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...