"Life is amazingly good when it's simple and amazingly simple when it's good." ~ Terri Guillemets

Monday, January 26, 2015

Is House Hunting a Hobby?

I grew up with my family always on the hunt for a house.
Not that we were in the market for a new home. Nope.
It was just the idea. It was just the possibility. 
Was it just a hobby,too? Somewhat, but we did do some moving here and there.
(Beautiful, yellow Victorian farmhouse)
As an adult, I prefer to find a house I like and stay put.
We've been in our current home for 22 years and the house before that was 12 years.
Why am I bringing this all up now? 
Well, I've been doing some house hunting and right now it is only a hobby. A fun hobby.
(Blue country farmhouse)

Realtor.com can become addictive. 
I am a former Realtor and used Realtor.com to list homes that I had for sale. 
And now I'm having fun using Realtor.com to look at homes across the U.S.

(White farmhouse cottage)
All you have to do is go to the site, type in an area and type in your criteria such as price range and how many bedrooms. 
Push view and have fun house hunting.
And me...I love farmhouses. Can ya tell?
And I enjoy the possibilities. Yes, all the possibilities.
 photo signaturetransparentbackground250_zps9d2bcf8a.jpg

12 comments:

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

I love realtor.com. I am there frequently looking for our "winter" home. Whether or not that ever becomes a reality, who knows. But it's a fun hobby if nothing else!

Lisa Tucker said...

I have lived in my house for 25 years and I am having the urge for a change. I can't believe it myself but I feel change gives you a new, fresh start sometimes and I'm ready for that! Thanks for sharing my friend!!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Sold--I will take that white farmhouse--it looks like it would be just the right size for me!!
Smiles, diandmissgracie

Maureen Wyatt said...

It used to be a favourite hobby of mine and may become one again!

sweetvintageofmine said...

I have a house hunting hobby (problem?).... I too, enjoy looking at homes for hours if I can....if only I were rich, I would buy a small drive thru town and renovate every piece to my likin'....my dream~~~Do you think the Lord would let me have that in heaven?! Blessings~~~Roxie

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Cindy, yes I love to house hunt too and look at homes dreaming of the possibilities to live in them. I too love a farmhouse and when we lived in Indiana we had one for 5 years before moving on with job transfers. We were never able to find another in the areas we lived again. It would be a dream come true to have one again but not sure it will happen. Love your pics and thanks for sharing the link.
Hugs

cynthia lee designs said...

We've lived in our home for 22 years also, but are thinking about selling it and going to a one story home, since I now have knee problems.
~Cindy

Connie said...

When I am bored or just have a little time to kill, I like going to Zillow . . . picking a state and town and shopping for homes. Some people play cards, some watch TV, I like to play real-estate. So yes, I think it is sort of a hobby and a fun one at that :) I'll have to check out Realtor.com
Thanks,
Connie :)

Pamela Gordon said...

I love that yellow farmhouse! We've lived in our house for almost 38 years and I've always wanted to live in an old farmhouse. A raised bungalow is not a farmhouse and I'll never get to live in one at this stage in life. I do like to look though and dream :)

Devin Newton said...

Well, it’s a nice way to pass the time. Haha! And people who are looking to renovate or do a little refurnishing could get some ideas from the different houses in the listings. Anyway, those farmhouses look great! I would certainly love to live in one if given the chance, particularly the one in the first picture. Cheers!

Devin Newton @ Indy Market Homes

Winfred Herrington said...

Well, house hunting seems to be a good hobby for love to explore design and renovation ideas! For one, it gives you a lot of idea in building up the dream house that you want. By the way, those farm houses are really lovely and looked great that they seem to be an ideal place to live in. Thanks for sharing this, Cindy! All the best to you!

Winfred Herrington @ Sold Team

Margaret said...

What a great selection of homes, I know how you feel as I could house hunt all the time it gets addictive. There are so many great homes out there and you cannot have them all. But it is always nice to look and dream a little. My husband agrees with me. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Margaret @ Boston North Shore Real Estate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...